Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the business methods have totally been changed. The business can still make a way to sustain itself by adapting and creating new marketing strategies according to the new customer behaviors.
The coronavirus outbreak has impacted the whole world not only humans but the global market as well. Marketing has become tough. In this time of crisis, the business has to manage the marketing and at the same time, they have to think of the future as well. The smaller businesses are the most affected due to the pandemic. They have lost their way to grow on a higher level.
To overcome this critical situation and to operate effectively, Digital marketing is the most suitable option for the industries and is also playing a crucial role for small businesses.
The brands can use this time to grow their reach and create customer-centric content. As we can see the behavioral shift, people are investing more time online browsing stuff and on social media platforms. Brands can leverage this opportunity by investing more in digital marketing. The quotation suits very well at this time “out of sight, out of mind”. So any business now has to make their digital presence and has to increase their visibility to reach the right kind of audience.
Now the question arises What is digital marketing?
So in this post, I am going to explain to you about Digital marketing and will touch on various aspects of the same. The topics that we will be covering are:-
- The fundamentals of marketing
- Digital Marketing vs. Traditional marketing.
- CATT Marketing Funnel( Case study of bewkoof.com )
- Integrated Digital Marketing
- Personal Branding: MassTrust Blueprint
Now let’s dive deep into each of the topics.
1. The fundamentals of marketing– When I was doing my internship at https://digitaldeepak.comthe very first thing I get to learn is that marketing is not all about creativity rather based on science. you cannot sell any product by just creating an ad campaign, or running Facebook ads.
You will have to understand the customer and their needs. You will have to think like a consumer. You should ask this question to urself that whether your product is the right fit for the customer? whether it will fulfill the needs of the customer? See, marketing starts before creating a product. If your product is fulfilling the needs of the customer then your product will sell itself. you have to target the right audience at the right time with the right message.
For example, (right now many small businesses are wanting to make their digital presence and to sell their product or services online. But they are either afraid to do so or not able to do because of the lack of information. So if any digital marketer or any digital marketing agency approaches them with the right information then they will be able to generate these leads.)Marketing is not about just selling, it’s also about creating a relationship with the customer, building trust with them.
Your aim should be at creating a high-quality product or service because the product is the reality and marketing a game of perception. If you have a high-quality product then you don’t need to market it, the product will sell itself. The ultimate goal you should be aiming at is creating a brand.
2. Digital Marketing vs.Traditional Marketing:- We talked about the fundamentals of marketing now we will look what is the difference between digital and traditional marketing. In simple words, digital marketing is the method of marketing using digital channels like websites, social media. While traditional marketing involves channels like print media, TV ads. The basic difference is the medium or the channels through which the marketing communication is done.
There is a common misconception that traditional marketing is outdated and is not effective anymore. But it’s not. According to GlobeNewswire audiences ages, 50+ spend almost twice as much time reading the newspaper and watching TV as compared to those ages 21-34.
This method of marketing usually works with a generic product with a wider target. But if you have to target a specific set of audiences from different demographics or of different age groups then digital marketing is the best option. In this process, you can also gather information about your audience and can create a more effective ad campaign. Which method you will choose depends on the target audience.
3. CATT Marketing funnel & Framework:- For every business you require a framework on which you will plan and execute your marketing strategies. Here I am going to provide you a framework which I get to learn in my internship at https://digitaldeepak.com
Wealth = n^CATT”n” (Niche) – If you google the word niche you will get the definition as a job, position, etc that is suitable for you. In the term of business niche is an opportunity to sell a particular product to a particular kind of audience. Niche plays a very vital role in marketing. You should be very specific while finding your niche. It can be done by identifying what a customer wants and then try to deliver the required solution. If you can identify your niche then you can target your right audience with the right solution. You will get half your success if you know where to compete.
Niche is the intersection of your talent, passion, and market.
“C” (Content) – After identifying your niche the next and the most important step is content. Content can be a blog post social media post a video series etc. Content should be relevant that can attract, engage, retain your target audience. Your content will not achieve any goals but you can focus on some key goals like Lead Generation, Brand awareness, social media engagement and followings, customer behavior, etc. But fulfilling these key goals will eventually lead to creating sales.
“A” (Attention) – After creating the right content, you need your audience’s attention. You can do this organically or by setting up ad campaigns. Attention is required to convert them into leads.
“T” (Trust) – This is the most important phase of this framework. People don’t trust easily, you have to build relationships with the customer before creating a sale. You should be patient while building a relationship with the customer. Don’t just bombard emails. If possible provide them some free offers like E-book, introductory courses, etc. Provide them enough value that they in turn invest in you and your product.
“T” (Transaction) – This is the final stage of this framework. You have provided the customer with valuable content, they got your attention, you have built a relationship with them and now they trust you. So this the time you offer them your product as the solution to their problem and this is where you make a sale.
For example, if you are following bewkoof.com then you will come to know how they work on this CATT framework and build one of the most profitable lifestyle brands. Bewkoof was founded in 2012 to sell T-shirts online, but before even creating the product they started their marketing by creating their Facebook page. They used to post content in the form of memes, short funny videos, etc, and started building their online presence and reach.
(Content- the very first step of the CATT). As their niche was in clothing they knew their target audience and started posting content that is relatable to the youth and they got attention in the form of followings and through their social media channels they are generating around 5 lakhs of organic traffic to their website. Once they got recognition and a good customer base they launched their E-commerce platform. Bewkoof is the official merchandising partner of some of the big Bollywood production houses like T- series, Excel, YRF, etc. This helps them to build trust with the customer.
(So after implementing the 3 steps of the CATT framework now it was time for the Transaction). So according to yourstory.com, Bewkoof is doing a transaction of 1.5cr every month and it is one of the top profitable startups.
4. Integrated digital marketing- Integrated digital marketing is an approach to mixing digital marketing activities to maximize the individual and collective effect. Integrated digital marketing involves almost all the digital marketing components and in the process complements each other to achieve the outcome. Some of the digital marketing components are-
- SEO(Search Engine Optimization)
- SMM( Social media marketing)
- SEM( Search engine marketing)
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
A Gartner study in 2018 indicated that an integrated marketing campaign with 4 or more digital channels has a 300% increase in performance compared to a dual-channel campaign.
5. Personal branding: Mass Trust Blueprint- Personal branding is the process of establishing your public persona for your target audience. In simple words, it’s about presenting yourself. It’s not an easy task to brand yourself. It’s a time-consuming process. You have to be authentic. You should provide value through your content and have to be consistent. When you are authentic and providing valuable content consistently then you are gaining trust. I would like you to show the Mass trust Blueprint.
The evolution of Personal brand:-
1. Learn – It’s a never-ending process. Learn new skills, concepts to keep yourself updated.
2. Work – make a habit of implementing the skills you have learned.
3. Blog – Write a blog about your works, your goals, your process. This will help you as well as your audience to get a better understanding.
4. Consult – After getting the experience you can consult a different business and help them nurture.
5. Mentor – The best way to learn is to teach. Start teaching smaller concepts, this will give you confidence.
6. Startup – After gaining experience start a product or service. This is a circle, you always work in the same flow and get the desired output.
By far everything that I discussed above is tried and tested by many successful entrepreneurs. Digital marketing is very dynamic in nature, you can only learn it by doing it. But the most important thing is to take initiative. So just start, learn, implement, and keep repeating the process till you are proud.
If you like this post then do share, comment, and follow my blog for such amazing content.